RECRUITMENT OF KNUST COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING ALUMNI OFFICER
The College of Engineering (CoE), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is the premier college in the University since the inception of the University in 1952. Over the years, it has produced distinguished alumni who are making strides in various fields of engineering all over the world. The CoE wants to establish and maintain a relationship with its alumni. This relationship would help to leverage on the expertise of our alumni which would enhance the realization of the CoE to become Africa’s leading Engineering College by 2025.
It has therefore become vital to employ a full time Alumni Relations Officer to fill this role.
ROLE OF THE ALUMNI OFFICER
- Lead the design and implementation of programmes that increase alumni engagement, support, and to keep the alumni connected with the college.
- Lead alumni tracing and ensure accuracy of alumni information.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the CoE and its alumni, providing support as needed to alumni looking to engage, support or give-back to CoE.
- Coordinate with faculty and staff in engaging alumni in academic activities, student engagement activity.
- Lead content planning and creation for alumni stories, working closely with the Communications Officer to highlight the growing impact of CoE alumni.
- Web and email communication, including development and overview of the development and alumni relations web site and web services for alumni.
- Provide information to alumni on the impact of their support and establish opportunities to recognize and celebrate alumni engagements and support.
- Track and provide reports on alumni engagements and support.
- Bachelor’s degree Publishing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of community engagement and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with writing for the web.
- Ability to plan and execute events and community activities.
- Ability to identify narratives and help people communicate their work and impact.
- Ability to work with multiple audience groups.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute productively.
- Strong analytical, IT and administrative skills including experience in database manipulation and website maintenance
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a signed cover letter
addressed to the Project Lead, KEEP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
The appointment is a contract appointment for 1 year which is renewable after satisfactory performance.
Deadline for application is on 4th January, 2022.