The KNUST College of Engineering (COE) was founded in October 1952 and has over half a century, maintained a reputation of quality training and being the forefront of preparing manpower to support the technological and engineering advancement of Ghana and Africa.
Many well-known Ghanaian academics and professionals, both in and outside Ghana, have passed through the lecture halls/rooms of this prestigious African institution. The College has a vision to uplift the quality of Engineering Education and promote Technology Advancement in Ghana and Africa. Currently COE comprises nine (9) departments running 15 academic programmes at the undergraduate and post graduate levels. These programmes are Civil Engineering, Geomatic Engineering, Geological Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering.
The college in collaboration with the KNUST School of Graduate Studies runs a number of specialized post-graduate programmes such as Masters programmes in Renewable Energy Technologies, Water Resources Engineering and Management, water supply and Environmental Sanitation, Electrical Power Systems, Agro-Environmental Engineering, Bioengineering, and food and Post-Harvest Engineering.
In addition to research conducted in all academic Departments the College also host two Research Centres, namely the Technology Consultancy Center (TCC) and the Energy Center (TEC).
The Technology Consultancy Centre (TCC) was founded in 1972 with a mandate to work with KNUST’s academics departments to conduct research, co-develop and transfer technology to support small and medium scale industries in Ghana.