The Office of Grants & Research (OGR) exists to serve as a centralised university office for externally funded research. The Office is to provide research and grant administration support services to sponsored research activities in KNUST.
The OGR works with existing or recruited research administrative staff in all the Colleges to coordinate the university’s research training opportunities, and with the College’s Research Manager to coordinate the University’s research training opportunities. The College Research Office is under the Office of the Provost with the mandate to provide support for the management of research and other projects in the College. The support includes: providing project management and administrative support to staff related to planning, development and implementation of grants and research projects .The Office is to provide research and grant administration support services to sponsored research activities in the College The following are some key activities carried out by the College Research Office:
- Creating and maintaining database of all research projects in the College
- Identifying funding opportunities and disseminating the information to staff
- Working with potential Principal Investigators (PIs) and Project Directors (PDs) to develop and submit proposals
- Liaising with PIs or PDs and their respective teams in the preparation of reports to ensure timely submissions
- Ascertaining project needs of staff who require support and take the necessary steps to get those needs addressed